Saturday, March 24, 2012

2012 Travel Series No. 1: Part 3 - Bohol: Panglao, Balicasag, and Virgin Islands

Part 3 - From Bohol to Cebu, Off to Dinner and Catch my Flight Back to Manila.

Mang Herme's, Herbert's father, was kind enough to let me use their toilet...I needed a shower. :-)  Instead of paying another 250pesos for a tricycle ride back to Tagbilaran, I hitched a ride on Herbert's motorbike to the town proper and took a jeepney ride for 20pesos.  Travel time was almost an hour though but I did manage to save 230pesos...not bad.

It was a downpour when I reached Tagbilaran...more blessings, I thought :-).  Or more of a welcome shower.  As we reached the Pier, the rain stopped.  Haiya!

Tagbilaran City, mid-summer rain
TIP:  Make sure you book your tickets, for the ferry to Cebu, early on as the Economy class tickets get sold fast.  There are three (3) companies serving Bohol-Cebu (and vice versa).  The cleanest, most modern are the ferries from Super Cat.

It was 2pm.  I had two choices, get the Business Class ticket for 760pesos leaving at 230pm or wait for the other ferries at 430pm. It was an easy choice, the former of course :-).  Business Class passengers have a special entrance at the back of the ferry leading to the second floor.  Yes, better view, lesser passengers.  And best of all, free snack...business class style (sarcastic me).

For 760 pesos, Super Cat serves business class snack (Haist!)
Two hours of traversing Cebu Strait, I finally reached Cebu. Hopped on a cab and the first thing that came to my mind - Ayala Cebu...but then again, SM Cebu is nearer to the Pier and Radisson Blu Hotel is just across SM.  So, dinner at SM then coffee at Radisson Blu.

Check out SunBurst restaurant...endemic to the Visayas...no branch in Manila.
I gave up after 15 minutes of trying to locate Saisaki.  Only to find out that Saisaki no more...:-(  I remember having the best seafood buffet several years back.  So there I was, looking for the best alternative authentic Visayan restaurant.  Eureka, Sunburst.  One catch, though, their best seller is fried chicken.  My tummy was rumbling, I had little choice.

Crispy fried chicken better than Jollibee Chicken Joy.  Promise!
I initially wanted a grilled taningue steak but changed my mind last minute and went for the chicken, it's their best seller after all :-)

Feeling bloated and stuffed, I needed a caffeine fix.  Starbucks or Bo's.  Bo's was the better choice since it's an authentic Cebu coffee shop.  But then again, what about Radisson Blu? So there I was.  (I'll write something about Radisson Blu some other time).

The coffee was not really that spectacular...the cafuccino in the office is better. :-)


How about some sweets?  That should wash all the Sunburst grease down...cheesecake...yes!  This was no ordinary cheesecake...it's a slice of coconut cheesecake...very Filipino :-)  Thank God for the cheesecake, Radisson managed to redeem itself...and I almost never wanted to come back.


Radisson Blu's coconut cheesecake had the right sweetness and creaminess.  I'm sure to take another bite next week when I go back to Cebu.

6:30pm I hopped on a cab for the airport.  Flight is not until 9pm but I had more than enough relaxation.  After all, I miss my comfy bed.

NEXT ADVENTURE - Cebu & Mactan Islands, 31 March 2012 - 1 April 2011






No comments:

Post a Comment